Sunday, December 28, 2008

First Brackets are Always Most Painful

So, I went through today, and played out how I thought the rest of the season was going to go. And then I did this whole prediction thing. Now, some things may seem wacky. Others, just right. Okay, a lot of things will seem wacky. I dare you to challenge my logic. Ask me why I put someone above someone else. All you can do is require me to clarify my thinking, and possibly change how I think someone will fall.

Reminder: This is a projection out to the end of the season, NOT as if the season ended today.

1: North Carolina (ACC), Connecticut (Big East), Oklahoma (Big XII), Pittsburgh
2: Texas, Georgetown, Duke, Illinois (Big 10)
3: Purdue, Clemson, Michigan, UCLA (Pac-10)
4: Tennessee (SEC), Kansas, West Virginia, Arizona
5: Ohio St., Missouri, Kentucky, Arizona St
6: Butler (Horizon), Michigan St., Syracuse, Gonzaga (WCC)
7: Baylor, Xavier (A-10), Villanova, Notre Dame
8: Washington, Washington St, Wake Forest, Miami (FL)
9: California, Davidson (Southern), Northwestern, Creighton (MWC)
10: BYU, Minnesota, Louisville, Memphis (C-USA)
11: Utah St. (WAC), Maryland, Florida, Evansville
12: Dayton, Cleveland St., Kansas St., UNLV (MWC)
13: Miami (OH) (MAC), Portland St. (Big Sky), Niagara (MAAC), Western Kentucky (Sun Belt)
14: Virginia Commonwealth (Colonial), Virginia Military Institute (Big South), Lamar (Southland), Jacksonville St. (Ohio Valley)
15: North Dakota St. (Summit), Pacific (Big West), Albany (American East), Belmont (Atlantic Sun)
16: Cornell (Ivy), Morgan St. (MEAC), Mount St. Mary’s (NEC), Navy (Patriot), Texas Southern (SWAC)

Note: I project that UNLV will win the Mountain West Tournament on their home floor, since they do ridiculously well at home.

First Five Out: LSU, Illinois St., Marquette, Boston College, Southern Cal
Next Five Out: St. Mary's, Wisconsin, Oklahoma St, Stanford, San Diego St

Bracket

No comments: