Saturday, February 6, 2010

What? Another Seed List this week? Okay!

So, thanks to reader comments, I went through my last seed list and thought critically about why teams were in their places, reevaluated the ability of teams to actually win certain games, and made some changes. Also, I thought about the autobids, and where they ought to be placed. So, for the first time this year - a full seed list.

Note - the vertical lines indicate where I believe there is a drop-off in quality of team. Also, in the autobids, if the conference is listed, then I believe that as long as one of the favorites wins the conference, they will be on that seed line. In that case, the conference is followed by the team that I believe will win the conference.

1: Kansas, Syracuse, Kentucky Villanova
2: Duke, Texas, Michigan St, BYU
3: G’town, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Kansas St.
4: Temple, Pitt, Ohio St, Purdue
5: Vanderbilt, New Mexico, Baylor, Mizzou
6: Wake Forest, Gonzaga, Maryland, Texas A&M
7: Tennessee, Xavier, Marquette, Rhode Island
8: Northern Iowa Georgia Tech, Florida St., Clemson
9: Florida, Butler, Charlotte, UNLV
10. Richmond, USF, Dayton Ole Miss
11: Oklahoma St, ODU, Virginia Tech, Cornell
12: Northeastern, Utah St Pac 10 (Washington), UAB
13: Siena Murray St, Nevada, Kent St
14: Big Sky (Weber St) Summit (Oakland), Sam Houston St. , SoCon (College of Charleston)
15: Pacific, Morgan St, Coastal Carolina Sun Belt (Western Kentucky)
16: A-Sun (Jacksonville) AE (Vermont), Robert Morris, Lehigh SWAC (UAPB)

Major Changes:
*Georgetown drops because of their home loss to USF, which also leads to South Florida making the bracket at the expense of Minnesota.
*Missouri drops because of their home loss to Texas A&M.
*Realized I was giving New Mexico and UNLV too much credit, dropped them a line. BYU is a great win; SDSU is not.
*Maryland beating Florida St. had a big impact as well, pushing Maryland into the next segment of teams.
*Reevaluated Butler, Virginia Tech, Cornell, and surrounding A-10 teams Charlotte, Richmond, and Dayton.
*I now believe Nevada will win the WAC on their home floor, so they are in the bracket, but I also gave Utah St a boost (since I sold last year's similar version short), bumping out St. Mary's.
*Vanderbilt gets bumped up, because I realized I had counted the Vandy-Kentucky game as a loss for both teams. Oops.

No comments: