Saturday, January 24, 2009

Change in Posting Philosophy

So, with the start of the new semester, I thought I'd have enough time to really keep up with the consistent but demanding schedule I had put before me. I was wrong. There is no use in having the vast majority of my posts be a summary of the day's action if I am not able to get it out consistently - no one would come to read.

Thus, I will start posting mainly just brackets, and clarification of my thoughts regarding the bracket.

To those who question my logic of having UConn as a 5 seed - first, recall that I am projecting out to the end of the season. Then answer the question - who are they going to beat? I currently see them going 12-6 in conference, including getting swept by Pitt. Of those twelve wins, seven are going to be against the bottom six teams in the league. Of the remaining five, I consider two of them to be "signature" wins - West Virginia and Syracuse (and WVU is debatable). The win in Seattle was really nice, but I believe that Gonzaga's loss streak (especially including Portland St.) really hurt their credibility, so I'm not too keen on calling them a signature win. UConn will probably also end up with around a .500 record against the top 50 in RPI. The lack of signature wins plus nothing overly spectacular results in a five seed.

That said, they should be a four. I have Clemson way overrated, and I'm not sure why.

Also, with regards to Maryland vs. Arkansas - most of Maryland's conference losses will still be able to be grouped in the "mediocre but not bad column". Arkansas has no such luxury.

Happy basketball watching!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whenever someone calls me, or I call someone on my iPhone, i cant hear them through the speaker! How do I make it louder? I don't want to put the call ON speaker, and the headphones dont work that much better. HELP? I can't find it on Apple's website!
[url=http://unlockiphone22.com]unlock iphone[/url] [url=http://www.tattoosdb.com/forum/showthread.php?p=12051#post12051]unlock iphone[/url]